Broker Blockhead Auction Competition
You could win $1,000!
The countdown to The Block’s finale has begun! To get us ready for all the fun of auction day, we’d like to know your most creative strategy for winning at auction. The most imaginative strategy will win.
View T&Cs below.
Interview with Shaynna Blaze from The Block
Our Head of Bank Intermeidaries, Mark Vilo, was fortunate enough to chat with Shaynna about what it's really like working on the block.
BROKER BLOCKHEAD AUCTION COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Suncorp-Metway Limited, ABN [66 010 831 722 (“the Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, 13 11 55.
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.\
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who:
i. Are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry;
ii. Are not directors, management or employees of the Promoter associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant"); and
iii. Are a licensed Broker with access to businesspartners.suncorp.com.au
4. Competition entry commences at 12:00PM AEST Monday 7 October, 2019 and closes at 11:59AM on Friday 8 November, 2019 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Brisbane time.
5. To enter the Competition an Entrant must, during the Entry Period: Visit Business Partners Portal (businesspartners.suncorp.com.au) (“Competition Website”) and follow the directions to the “Broker Blockhead Auction” competition event page to fully complete and submit the entry form via the SurveyMonkey link, including their full name, company, valid email address, phone number and answer in 25 words or less ‘tell us your most creative strategy for winning at auction’
6. Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Limit of one entry per person. Any subsequent entry from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
7. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 4 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
8. Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
9. Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
10. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE(S)
12. This Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner(s).
13. Competition judging will take place at L35 530 Collins Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000 as follows. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be judged by the Promoter’s judging panel, at their absolute discretion, based on originality and creativity.
14. Prize judging will take place on Monday 11 November, 2019.
15. There is one prize to be won. The Eligible Entrant with the entry judged to be the best will be selected as the winner (“Prize Winner”) and will receive the Prize.
16. The prize consists of AUD1,000. Prize money issued to the Prize Winner’s nominated bank account.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
17. The total prize pool is valued up to AUD1,000 including GST as at Monday 7 October. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
18. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner.
19. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated,or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
20. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
21. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
22. The Prize Winner(s) will be notified by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry within 24 hours of judging of the winner.
23. The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
24. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
25. If: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner after 3 days or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to the Eligible Entrant judged to have the next best entry in accordance with the criteria set out in condition 4. Any resulting winner(s) will be notified by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry within 24 hours of judging of the winner. That process will be repeated if required.
26. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
27. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
28. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
29. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
30. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law. The Promoter may request that a winner signs and returns a deed of release to this effect as a condition of a prize being awarded. If a winner fails to sign and return such release, they may forfeit the prize.
31. The winner must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.